Pankhurst in the Park 2016 AiR Artist
Artist Statement & Biography
Bunny Collective is a feminist art collective concerned with creating a heterogeneous feminized art space that is indigenous to the post-Internet girl. Formed in 2013 in Cork City by Samantha Conlon, the collective began as a platform to showcase the work of young emerging female artists from Ireland, UK, South Korea and The United Arab Emirates.
Utilizing the online world as a platform Bunny takes advantage of the internet as a democratic alternative to the hierarchies of the art world. The group is concerned with notions of female identity, in particular what technology and the internet has meant for self-expression for women. Bunny has exhibited in Waterford, Cork and Helsinki and has been featured in Dazed and Confused, The Le Sigh, aqnb, Sant, VoxFeminae and more.
- Watch their video artist portrait(s).
- Read their interview with Alexandra Arts' Amy Clancy.
- Find out what they had planned for their Pankhurst in the Park residency.
- See what they created - visit our gallery (main menu).
- Check out their Instagram takeover @AlexArtsMCR!
- Blog post - Essay: What we are doing by Kathryn O' Regan